I can’t see the image well enough.
1. What is the thickness of your drawing paper? It should be as thick as printing paper or thinner
2. What is your screen brightness? It should be turned up to the highest setting
3. What is the quality of the image? If the lines are not dark enough, or if they are too thin, try editing the image on your tablet. Otherwise, it may not be a suitable image to trace from.
4. How big is your image? Try scaling up the image to make it bigger and easier to see
5. Where are you using sketchmi? sketchmi works best indoors, under dim lighting conditions as opposed to direct sunlight, just like a traditional lightbox would
How do I take care of my sketchmi?
Take care of sketchmi just as you would take care of a hardcover book. If the plastic flap gets smudged or dirty, remove your tablet, and wiped the plastic with a cloth and Windex (or a similar glass cleaner). Be careful not to wet the cover and tray.
My screen keeps turning off while I draw.
For iPad, go to Settings > General > Auto-Lock, and increase the amount of time before your screen automatically turns off.
For Android Tablets, go to Settings > Display > Screen Timeout and similarly select the amount of time before your tablet screen turns off.
My tablet’s touchscreen doesn’t work anymore.
Simply lift the acrylic flap to access your tablet screen directly. The acrylic flap prevents the touchscreen from sensing your finger!
I can’t remove my tablet from sketchmi.
Slide your finger into the thumbnotch on the side edge of the tray to push your tablet out of the tray.
How do I use sketchmi without internet?
Download the sketchlets to your tablet before leaving a Wifi spot for offline access. If you are using an iPad, we recommend saving it to iBooks as its own folder!
- How do I save PDFs to your tablet for offline usage?
- For iPad: Open in iBooks
- For Android: Open in PDF viewer
My tablet does not fit perfectly in the tray or foam.
sketchmi is designed to work best with the iPad mini, iPad 2, and iPad 3. However, even if your device is not one of the above, you should still be able to use it with sketchmi as long as it is smaller than 7.3in x 9 1/2in x 1/2in. If your device is larger than an iPad mini, remove the top foam layer to fit your tablet.