Adjust screen brightness to the highest setting.
1. iPad Go to Settings > Display & Brightness
Android Go to Settings > Display > Brightness
2. Slide to the highest brightness.
We don't want the screen to turn off in the middle of a sketch! Let's change the auto-lock/auto-sleep.
1. iPad Go to Settings > General > Auto-lock
Android Go to Settings > Display > Screen Timeout
2. Turn off auto-lock OR increase the time before auto-lock.
The foam layers were originally designed to fit an iPad mini, however, plenty of iPads and Android tablets work great in the tray.
1. Open the front cover and lift the plastic flap. The plastic flap protects your screen AND keeps your hand from shifting the image while you draw.
2. If your tablet is larger than an iPad mini, remove the top foam layer and slide your tablet into the tray.
WHAT DO I DRAW WITH?
sketchmi can be used with printing paper and any other thinner papers, such as tracing paper. This way, the light from the tablet screen can visibly pass through the paper. You can use almost any dry art medium with sketchmi. Explore and experiment! Start out with a pen, pencil, or marker.
WHERE DO I DRAW?
It's hard to see your tablet screen in direct sunlight, so sketchmi works best indoors and with dim or shady lighting.
sketchmi is super portable. Take it everywhere! Also, it has a super flexible spine and can fold all the way around, making it even more portable.