sketchlets are easily traceable drawing activities hand-created by team sketchmi.
They come in a variety of themed packs, with different styles and difficulties. You can use sketchlets online, or download them to your tablet for offline use.
- Visit the sketchlet library and tap on one that you like.
- Pick out a page to trace. Zoom in on the page to make it bigger if needed.
- Close the plastic flap over your tablet. Put a piece of paper on the plastic flap and start creating! Combine pages from different sketchlets for even more creative possibilities.
HOW TO USE SKETCHLETS WITHOUT INTERNET
iPad Tap on a sketchlet below. Tap on "Open in iBooks".
Android Tap on a sketchlet below. Open it in PDF viewer.
2. PHOTO TRACE
With photo trace, you can trace directly from an existing image!
1. Find an image that you'd like to draw: you can take a photo, pull up a photo from your gallery/albums, or search for one online.
2. Images that work best with sketchmi:
- Simple images with few small details
- High contrast images with clearly defined lines
- Clip art
3. We recommend using your tablet to edit the image for the best sketching experience. You can:
- Zoom in on the image to make it bigger
- Crop the image
- Apply filters/adjust contrast and lighting
- Use photography apps to convert any image into traceable line drawings
Cover your tablet with the plastic flap. Put a piece of paper on the plastic and start creating! Try combining photos and sketchlets for some zany sketching concoctions!